- 29-Jul-2013 to 27-Oct-2013 (PST)
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
As Fleet Information Manager, responsible to the Chief of Staff (COS) for all information flow in and out of C3F which primarily includes the Collaboration at Sea (CaS) web site and all supporting hardware / software issues.
Develop Fleet Exercise Information Management (IM) Plans and manage multiple SIPRNET web sites contributing to the successful execution of Joint Forces exercises Including RIMPAC, VALIAN SHIELD, TALISMAN SABER, TERMINAL FURY, JTFEX, CERTEX, BLUE FLAG.
- Create and/or enhance Information Management (IM)/Knowledge Management (KM) processes and procedures.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, creating user accounts, updating/modifying web pages and ensuring links are working properly.
- Responsible for ensuring all web information is up to date and relevant for all aspects of any assigned fleet exercise.
- Provide dedicated field support, enhanced planning, investigative discovery, analysis and required actions to enhance current and future Information Management (IM) programs and capabilities.
- Provide technical assistance, recommendations, program management and planning support with regard to all Information Management tools within the COMTHIRDFLT Maritime Operations Center (MOC).
- Conduct analysis and research of new tools and options through Knowledge Management Officer, and Knowledge Information Management Working Group to support C3F knowledge and information management policies.
- Provide moderate (by industry standards) server software, server hardware, and network administration and system administration skills
- Provide high-level interpersonal and collaborative skills needed to coordinate between multiple senior military staff personnel/departments/boards/cells.
- Create and present training briefs and individual training to command personnel.
- Track and update the COMTHIRDFLT SIPRNET Web site which consists of many individual collaborative web pages tied together in support of Fleet MHQ w/MOC and all designated exercises.
- Collaborate with C3F N6 Information Technology (IT) personnel to maintain/upgrade Web Servers when necessary. (Backups/replication to secondary server, etc.)
- Provide expertise in the form of installation, troubleshooting, training and administration of Collaboration At Sea (CaS) website technology including but not limited to the following tools:
- Battle Rhythm
- Lessons Learned
- P-Chat / Sametime Chat
- Lines of Operation (LOO)
- Command Net Log
- Action Log
- Significant Events Log
- Support oversight of network workstations Information Technology (IT) Help Desk for government.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Document network/software problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients. Perform software installation and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 3-5 years
- Require Security+ certification.
- Demonstrated experience in a HelpDesk environment.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Ability to interact with customer on ongoing requirements and issues related to Information Management.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!