- 10-Mar-2014 to 23-Apr-2014 (PST)
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
The Project Control Analyst will develop, manage, and/or execute all phases of the project control effort (planning/scheduling and cost analysis) for the Sr. Program Manager and respective Program Managers. Must be able to accommodate unexpected events, achieve critical deadlines with quality results and perform as a flexible team member in support of the objectives and initiatives of the Department. Primary responsibilities include planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling and cost control.
The Project Control Analyst will support multiple project types (e.g., Defense, Federal Agencies, commercial) and will interface with all levels of management, technical, administration and other function and support organizations. The individual will participate in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of projects of varying size, complexity and risk levels, and will help implement financial and project policies and procedures in support of projects. Will establish formats for various types of programmatic reporting, and prepare data, reports and analysis to support various types and levels of program reviews.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Provides guidance, direction, and assistance to projects for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
- Acts as liaison for the program managers, resolving financial and business issues.
- Works closely with Program Managers on headcount, profitability, and general charging issues for assigned contracts.
- Ensures accuracy in reporting and review of project cost details.
- Proposes contract actions and reviews contract modifications. Ensures workforce is set for new contracts and project codes are properly assigned. Interacts with the Security Manager and Human Resources Manager as needed and collaborates regarding headcount, new hire start dates and security requirements.
- Reviews RFPs (requests for proposals) and makes recommendations.
- Works closely with finance and the contracts departments to ensure proper financial oversight of contracts and to ensure project charge codes are in place in support of project execution.
- May prepare management reports for program/project managers.
- Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports as per the direction of the Sr. Program Manager.
- Coordinates and manages all project deliverables (e.g., monthly status reports, final technical reports, etc.) in accordance with the project Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CRDLs) and works with Program Managers to ensure accurate and high quality deliverables are created. Ensures on-time submission to customers. Reviews, edits and writes occasionally.
- Assesses the impact(s) of program changes, schedule overages/shortages and slippages.
- Provides suggestions for project staffing.
- BS Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related is preferred, with four or more years of experience in Project Control/Business Analysis being preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Applicant must be able to work in both a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work some extended hours as required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
- Must be a highly motivated, organized individual with good attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Familiarity with the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) and DFAR (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation).
- Knowledge or previous experience with Navy protocol, organizational structure and terminologies is a plus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!